In honor of my Mother, Betty, who taught all of her 6 children
to love reading and writing at an early age.
The Betty Award has both
a Spring & Fall
Enter now for the
Spring 2014 contest! The
for the Spring entries
May 17, 2014.
AND THE FALL 2013 WINNERS ARE …
First Place: Amrita Bhasin, Age 12
Menlo Park, CA
Second Place: Chloe S. Wong, Age 8
Who is that Mouse?
Third Place: Isaac Wilde, Age 12
Honorable Mention: Mounisha Anumolu, Age 11
Honorable Mention: Nina Kim, Age 11
A Night in Space
Los Angeles, CA
How to Enter the Writing Contest:
Simply download The
Betty Award Entry Form, type your story and mail it to us with
the Reading Fee.
Deadline for Spring 2014Entries:
All entries must be postmarked no later than May 17, 2014. Winners will
be notified by June 23, 2014.
Winning Spring 2014 entries will be published on this website
after June 23, 2014.
There is a $15 US reading fee per story.
Please make check or money order payable to
The Betty Award.
- Stories must be submitted on the attached form.
- Entries must be typed and in English.
- Maximum story length is 1000 words.
- Contest is open to all children, worldwide, ages 8-12.
- Entries must be the original unpublished work of the child entering the contest.
- Stories will not be returned.
- More than one entry per child is allowed (be sure to include the
$15 reading fee for each story submitted).
- Entries are automatically disqualified if a reading fee check is
returned for insufficient funds.
Mail Entries & Reading Fee To:
The Betty Award
P.O. Box 1826
Oak Park, IL 60304
Many thanks to The Children's School who assisted with the judging of the Spring 2012 contest.