In honor of my Mother, Betty, who taught all of her 6 children
to love reading and writing at an early age.
The Betty Award has both
a Spring & Fall
Enter now for the
Spring 2016 contest! The
for the Spring entries
May 7, 2016.
AND THE FALL 2015 WINNERS ARE …
First Place: Keerthi Lakshmanan, Age 12
San Jose, CA
Second Place: Sagar Castleman, Age 11
New Delhi, India
Third Place: Viveca Stucke, Age 11
Tears of the Unknown
Honorable Mention: Bella Bilotti, Age 10
The Running Miracle
Glen Ellyn, IL
How to Enter the Writing Contest:
Simply download The
Betty Award Entry Form, type your story and mail it to us with
the Reading Fee.
Deadline for Spring 2016 Entries:
All entries must be postmarked no later than May 7, 2016. Winners will
be notified by June 15, 2016.
Winning Spring 2016 entries will be published on this website
after June 15, 2016.
There is a $15 US reading fee per story.
Please make check or money order payable to
The Betty Award.
- Stories must be submitted on the attached form.
- Entries must be typed and in English.
- Maximum story length is 1000 words.
- Contest is open to all children, worldwide, ages 8-12.
- Entries must be the original unpublished work of the child entering the contest.
- Stories will not be returned.
- More than one entry per child is allowed (be sure to include the
$15 reading fee for each story submitted).
- Entries are automatically disqualified if a reading fee check is
returned for insufficient funds.
Mail Entries & Reading Fee To:
The Betty Award
P.O. Box 1826
Oak Park, IL 60304
Many thanks to Public Communications, Inc. who assisted with the judging of the Spring 2015 and Fall 2015 contests.
Many thanks to The Children's School who assisted with the judging of the Spring 2012 contest.