In honor of my Mother, Betty, who taught all of her 6 children
to love reading and writing at an early age.
The Betty Award has both
a Spring & Fall
Enter now for the
Spring 2015 contest! The
for the Fall entries
May 2, 2015.
AND THE FALL 2014 WINNERS ARE …
First Place: Hazell Purcell, Age 12
The Grimmer Side
Second Place: Anusha Biswas, Age 10
Third Place: Rhianna Hubbard, Age 11
Honorable Mention: Beth Brown, Age 10
The Spare Room
Honorable Mention: Angelynn Huang, Age 12
I'll Wait, I'll Always Wait
How to Enter the Writing Contest:
Simply download The
Betty Award Entry Form, type your story and mail it to us with
the Reading Fee.
Deadline for Spring 2015 Entries:
All entries must be postmarked no later than May 2, 2015. Winners will
be notified by June 8, 2015.
Winning Spring 2015 entries will be published on this website
after June 8, 2015.
There is a $15 US reading fee per story.
Please make check or money order payable to
The Betty Award.
- Stories must be submitted on the attached form.
- Entries must be typed and in English.
- Maximum story length is 1000 words.
- Contest is open to all children, worldwide, ages 8-12.
- Entries must be the original unpublished work of the child entering the contest.
- Stories will not be returned.
- More than one entry per child is allowed (be sure to include the
$15 reading fee for each story submitted).
- Entries are automatically disqualified if a reading fee check is
returned for insufficient funds.
Mail Entries & Reading Fee To:
The Betty Award
P.O. Box 1826
Oak Park, IL 60304
Many thanks to The Children's School who assisted with the judging of the Spring 2012 contest.